Mobile technology is enormously changing the modern business landscape by bringing organisations closer to their customers in ways inconceivable just years ago.
More than 4 billion people now own mobile devices and three quarters of internet users will access the web solely via smartphones by 2025, according to a report published by the World Advertising Research Center (WARC).
It’s now mandatory for all businesses to be on mobile either via a mobile friendly website or a mobile app especially considering that consumers are having 2x more interactions with brands on smartphones and tablets than anywhere else.
Even though mobile app development can be a slow and expensive process, the fact that in 2018 alone 52.2% of all global web pages were served to smartphones indicates that mobile is the future.
Whether you are running a small business or a huge eCommerce enterprise, adopting a Mobile-first strategy will help you fully tap into the enormous potential presented by the widespread adoption of mobile tech devices like smartphones and tablets.
What is Mobile-First?
Mobile-first web design creates a desktop site starting with the mobile version, which is then adapted to larger screens. This is contrary to the traditional/desktop-first approach which starts by designing a desktop site and then making it adapt to smaller screens. Additionally Apps allow for a richer interface as the App has greater access to device features such as cameras, files, address books and locations.
Mobile-first web design makes use of a mobile-responsive framework, but recognizes mobile users’ needs first, meaning that a web designer will build a site given the constraints of a mobile platform (small screens, slower processors) and then either copy or improve the site for desktop use.
Benefits of Mobile-First Design
- Mobile-first is responsive, ensuring that customers on any platform can gain access with ease.
- Mobile-first is content first, meaning that users are given the content they really need. In Mobile-first design stringent limitations are removed and the focus is on the essential.
- Information in a Mobile-first site is easy to consume because it is simplified and compressed down into manageable chunks.
- Adopting Mobile-first can improve profits for your business. Conversion rates for mobile are up 64%, compared to average desktop devices.
- Download times are faster on Mobile-first sites and users can access your content as quickly as possible giving you an edge over competitors.
- When planning to build a mobile first website, make sure your design is easy to navigate and user friendly.
Visitors who find a site difficult to use will most likely abandon their shopping carts never to return again.
In fact, 57% of mobile users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
Considering that 88% of consumers who do a local search on their smartphones visit that particular business within a day, businesses with no solid mobile web design strategies risk playing second fiddle to the competition.
Out of The Box Ideas provides world-class mobile app and website development using the latest cutting-edge technology. Using our exceptional workflow process, we are capable of consistently deploying quality projects in record time.
For more information or any requirements on Mobile-first web development email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call now on +27 (0)79 504-1297.